Overview

Friends, foes, and allies, I will be spending approximately two weeks this summer traveling the country playing disc golf, visiting family and friends, looking at cool rocks, and taking pictures of my food. This blog is where I will be documenting my journey. Let us begin...

Distance Travled

5,750 miles ventured

Saturday, June 15, 2013

If You're lucky, Enough to be in the Mountains, You're Lucky Enough.

Friday was hands down the most beautiful day of manscursion.I started the day with the sunrise at the Grand Canyon.  It was an incredible sight.  After I left, I had to pull over at three other observation points because the view was so amazing.

From there I moved on to Four Corners.  I originally was going to get in and out of there pretty fast, but there was a "free" hiking trail and some rocks I had to play on.  I also tossed a disc around the monument a little bit, and I tried Navajo fry bread.  It's basically deep fried tortilla dough covered in cinnamon sugar, or whatever suits your fancy.

The drive was also the best of the trip.  Beautiful deserts and twisty mountain sections.  I wished I had my Miata with me, but the Mustang at least had some power to climb the steeper roads.

The Denver has been great to me and Roman.  Playing Phantom Falls with Roman was one of the things I was most looking forward to on the trip.  Paulie made the experience even better.  He let us know everything we would need to know about the course and he was even tossed a few shots with us.  Roman and myself introduced him to the beauties of the condor, and Roman even let him keep one so it could keep flying in the mountains.  We chatted a bit more and when we were finally about to go Paulie gave us a few discs to remember three experience. 

We hit up another course, set up camp for the night, and played with a little fire. 

What a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment